Monday, June 1, 2015

I LOVE kayaking so much!!!

It all started about 20 years ago while camping with the kids at Pawtuckaway State Park.  I saw a mom and her son in a Kayak... and thought to myself... that looks fun!

But it wasn't until the Bighorn Canyon National Recreation Area held their very first Kayak Program that I got to try it out!  Oh my gosh... LOVE at first paddle! ;)

Enter the Red Kayak...
This fiberglass white water racer from the 1970s was given to me! That's when the love-affair began! (Thank you so much Bernie!)

It began...
My first paddling adventures began in 2014 the not-so-deep Deaver Reservoir.  I didn't have a clue what I was doing!  Getting in and out was the most difficult part!  Gradually I worked up my confidence and began boating up the Bighorn Canyon!

The love affair began... I so enjoyed paddling along near ducks and other birds... watching fish jump and swim by...


Here comes Tigress...
This is a big year for me.  I turn 50 (how I feel about that... well... that's a whole blog post yet to be written!) anyhow... I decided that I would treat myself to a new touring kayak.  After much research and help from Andy at Gradient Mountain Sports in Cody WY, I decided on a Wilderness Systems Tsunami 140 in the awesome custom color of dusk.

I've had her up the Bighorn Canyon a few times...








No comments:

Post a Comment